Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the website for the Fair Share initiative. These legal terms will govern your use of the fairshareinitiative.eu website (the “Site”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
Who is responsible for this Site?
This Site is operated by FGS Global (UK) Ltd. on behalf of the Site’s owners, which are the following members of the Fair Share initiative (“we”, “our”, “us”)
- Deutsche Telekom AG, a Germany-registered company with company number HRB 6794 having its registered office at Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn, Germany.
- Vodafone Sales & Services Limited, a UK-registered company with company number 06844137 having its registered office at Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
- Telefónica, S.A., a Spain-registered company with company number A28015865 having its registered office at 28013 Madrid, C/ Gran Vía, 28, Spain.
- Orange, SA a France-registered company with company number 380 129 866, having its registered office at 111, quai du Président Roosevelt 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France.
When do these terms apply?
Generally, these terms apply when you are browsing this Site. Any use of the Site shall be on the basis that you have read, understood, and agreed these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use this Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Some portions of the Site may have other terms, which we will make available when they apply.
Certain links on this Site lead to sites maintained by third parties over which we have no control. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or any other aspect of the information contained on such sites or sites linked to such sites. Any links to such sites are provided for convenience only and are to be availed of at your own risk. The use of such sites is subject to separate terms and conditions and policies.
Updating these terms
We may vary or change these terms and conditions for any valid technical, operational or commercial reasons. An updated version of the terms and conditions is available on this Site and it is your responsibility to review this periodically. Your continued access to the Site after any such changes have been made shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may make changes to this Site
We may update and change this Site from time to time to reflect changes to the Fair Share initiative or methodology, changes of participating operators or mobile suppliers, changes in our users’ needs, or for other reasons.
We may suspend or withdraw this Site
This Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that this Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of this Site for any reason. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. Such transfer will be announced on this Site and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
How you may use the material on this Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Site, and in the materials published on it (among others, texts, photographs, videos). Those works are protected internationally by various copyright laws and treaties. All such rights are reserved. In no case will it be understood that the mere access or navigation through the Site implies the assignment or waiver of said rights, unless expressly established otherwise.
You may print off, and may download extracts of, any page(s) from our Site for your personal use only and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this Site.
You are not allowed to modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, nor to use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not use any part of the content on this Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
You agree not to use or cause or permit any content we make available here to be used:
- in ways that might violate our intellectual property rights;
- for any improper, indecent, unlawful, threatening, defamatory or fraudulent purpose or to cause any injury, offence or annoyance to any person, or interfere with their enjoyment and use of the Site;
- so as to jeopardise or prejudice the operation, quality or integrity of the Site, or the operation, quality or integrity of any telecommunications network;
- to send junk e-mail, spam, duplicative or unsolicited messages for the purposes of direct marketing or advertising or promotional materials to third parties without their prior consent;
- to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their prior consent.
You also agree:
- to comply with all reasonable instructions or requests of us or an authorised authority in relation to the Site or the investigation of any offences and to abide by all applicable laws and regulations (including copyright and intellectual property laws), licenses, codes of practices and usage policies of connected networks;
- not to resell, sub-license or attempt to resell, sub-license or otherwise exploit commercially any material or information accessed via the Site;
- not to distribute, download, upload, publish or transmit any data, material, information or software in a manner which may infringe the rights of third parties or render us liable to the payment of damages to any third party;
- not to distribute, download, upload or transmit any material which contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programmes;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to or interfere with this Site, the server on which this Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Site;
- not to disguise the origin of any transmitted communication or impersonate any other person or entity;
- not to attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- to dutifully reproduce any copyright symbol and clause in whole as may appear on screen or printer at the head of the relevant data base or the head or foot of any information being processed;
- to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of the Site or any other breach of security or any claim or legal proceedings against you relating to your use of the Site;
- not to use the server capacity or any software made available to you in any way which is or is likely to be detrimental to the operation or provision of the Site or any third party’s rights;
- not to conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to this Site;
- to comply with the terms and conditions of any internet service provider whose services you may use.
Use of the Site
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Site is at your own risk.
In particular, you assume all responsibility for:
- installing and executing anti-contamination software and otherwise taking steps to ensure that information, if contaminated or infected, will not damage any information or system;
The Site is provided “as-is” and all conditions and warranties expressed or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we make no warranties or representations:
- as to the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, correctness, accuracy or completeness of the Site (or linked sites) or any information, material or communications transmitted, obtained or accessed via the Site (or linked sites);
- that the Site will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free or that any defect can or will be remedied;
- to the extent that the operation of the Site is dependent on third party service or content providers;
- that information or materials obtained or accessed by you via the Site will be free of infection by viruses, worms, trojan horses or anything else manifesting contaminating or destructive properties.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise stated, neither we nor any third parties involved in the provision of the Site shall be liable for any losses or damage (other than death or personal injury caused by negligence), costs or expenses (including but not limited to: loss of use, data, profits, sales, business, revenue or anticipated savings, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in any way connected with:
- the use of the Site (or linked sites) by you or other persons;
- the provision of or failure to provide the Site;
- your dealing with any third parties, including but not limited to advertisers, promoters, vendors or service providers;
- any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the provision of the Site;
- reliance placed on any information (including without limitation, information concerning companies, share prices, investments or securities), material, data, communication or messages obtained, accessed or transmitted through the Site;
- the loss, corruption or overwriting of any information, material, data, communication or messages;
- any unauthorised access to or alteration of your computer system, software, messages, information or data otherwise arising out of the use of the Site;
- the suspension or termination of the Site (or any part thereof);
- the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications or information services or for faults or failures of their equipment or systems;
- Whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if we or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of such losses, damage, costs or expenses.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our servants and agents harmless against any liability, loss, damage (including legal costs and fees), claims or proceedings (whether actual or threatened) sustained pursuant to the use of the Site by you, your agents or any third party via your breach of these terms and conditions (including without limitation any failure by you to obtain the consent of third parties to whom you send unsolicited messages for direct marketing purposes).
If we are unable to perform any obligation under these terms because of a matter beyond our reasonable control such as (but not limited to) lightning, flood, exceptionally severe weather, pandemic, fire, explosion, war, civil disorder, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees) or acts of local or central government or other competent regulatory authorities or events beyond the reasonable control of our suppliers, we will have no liability to you for that failure to perform.
Do not rely only on information on this Site
The content on this Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to full advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for third party websites we link to
Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, any links to such sites are provided for convenience only and are to be availed of at your own risk. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or any other aspect of the information contained on such sites or sites linked to such sites. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
How we may use your personal data
Rules about linking to this Site
You may link to this Site and/or its pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage or take unfair advantage of our reputation or the reputation of any Fair Share initiative endorser.
You must not establish a link to this Site and/or its pages in any way which would violate these terms, or which would otherwise be incompatible with the Fair Share initiative’s general values and purpose, including (but not limited to) in any adult, violent or illegal content or on any sites containing adult, violent or illegal content.
You must not establish a link to this Site and/or its pages in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement where none exists.
You must not establish a link to this Site and/or its pages in any website that is not owned by you.
This Site and/or its pages must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including English law, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in this Site relating to the Fair Share initiative, and/or any trademarks displayed on it are owned or, when applicable, licensed, by us.
The access to and use of this Site permitted by these terms and conditions grants no license to use intangible assets and/or trademarks that are displayed on it unless our prior written approval.